[OM] CameraQuest's OM to EOS adapter + more on E-1 adapter

Subject: [OM] CameraQuest's OM to EOS adapter + more on E-1 adapter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:10:34 -0500
Stephen Gandy of CameraQuest advises me that his OM to EOS adapter is
the same adapter as sold by Kindai.  So, whatever merits and demerits
have been noted by CH Ling will also apply.

However, for US purchasers at least, his $175 price is now cheaper than
Kindai's due to the declining value of the dollar relative to the Yen
(and just about every other currency).  I hope he is able to hold this
price for awhile longer.

A few days ago someone suggested contacting Beljan Mfg. about producing
an OM to E-1 adapter.  I did contact Joe Beljan recently about producing
an OM to EOS adapter as well as the E-1 adapter.  He was very interested
at first but after further checking against some detailed photos (kindly
provided by CH) said he thought that the OM to EOS adapter would be too
expensive for him to produce.  He never replied further on the E-1
adapter.  That could be very risky right now since Oly could potentially
give them away as in Japan.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA