[OM] Re: eb*y- buying through the eyes of the seller

Subject: [OM] Re: eb*y- buying through the eyes of the seller
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:17:40 +1100
Seems annoying but if the glass is good, you did well. It may be a
simple fix - loose focus ring.  Try peeling back the focus rubber
grip - under it there should be 3 or 4 screws. Make sure that they
are tight. For some odd reason, they sometimes slip or loosen.
I'd make sure that I was on infinity focus, loosen all the screws
slightly, set the ring to show infinity and then tighten one -
recheck and tighten all.
If you still have the problem go back to the seller. That much play
IS unacceptable, for a user, not a collector. He may have been
unaware of it or not bothered by it but he should treat your concern
with more respect. And how does he define professional - professional
ebay seller perhaps?
And what it all comes down to is - how much do you really want to
keep the lens? :)
AndrewF