[OM] Re: eb*y- buying through the eyes of the seller

Subject: [OM] Re: eb*y- buying through the eyes of the seller
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:02:55 EST
Having bought a great deal of stuff and sold a bit on ebay, I will give the
following advice.  Ask questions up front, such as "Are there any problems with
the glass, such as but not limited to, scratches, cleaning marks & fungus?"
and/or "Mechanically, does in function as it was intended to function?"  There
might be other questions depending on the item, however these will tend to get
the conversation started if the seller has not given a good description.

Given the situation you are in, I would have figured out what, if anything,
would make the deal "right" for me and then I would contact the seller and
offer to either return the item for a full refund or he could do whatever it
was
that I felt would make the deal "right" for me.  The standard I try to judge my
offer by, is "it reasonable".  If the auction is an "as is" auction I ask a
bunch of questions.  In this particular case I might ask him to either split
the repair with me or give me a refund and I would ask for a refund of the
price
I paid plus the shipping I had paid to have the item shipped to me.  That way
each of you has 1 shipping charge which you paid. If he agrees to pay half
the repair, you have a nice lens for about $125.  Not a bad deal.  My 2 cents,
Bill Barber