[OM] Re: Software for image ediiting

Subject: [OM] Re: Software for image ediiting
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:08:36 -0800

On Jan 14, 2004, at 3:49 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:

> Thanks Winsor.
>
> I had already seen Koren's effusive review, and was puzzled that I
> hadn't
> heard more of it from an 'ordinary' user.  I take it that you haven't
> used
> PW(P) yourself?
>
> From Koren's site, and from the extensive documentation on the Digital
> Light
> & Color website, it seems to be directed precisely at (analog)
> photography ,
> rather than digital image creation.  That strikes me as a potential
> advantage alongside the cost.
>
> Any user perspectives?

You might do a search on the forums at dpreview. From time to time I
have seen very enthusiastic endorsements by users on the Nikon SLR
forum, especially when the Photoshop CS first was announced. I would
have tried it, but they have no Mac version. The tools certainly look
more oriented to photography and easier to use than in PS.