Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:55:05 +1100
Gordon Ross wrote

THINGS THAT ARE WORSE THAN HAGGIS
vegemite
bovril
spam
blood pudding
head cheese
chicken's feet
1000 year old eggs
blowfish
blue cheese

While I'm still VERY worried about the idea of haggis PIE (he did say that, didn't he?) this is deeply culturally offensive - I was raised on a diet of tripe, black pudding, stilton, pork pie and the like and later discovered the joys of chicken and duck feet, frog curry, stuffed squid, etc. There are much worse 'foods' which belong down there with Vegemite - one that comes to mind is a Phillipino delicacy which involves allowing a fertilised egg to develop to the foetal stage before hard-boiling it - rather crunchy. Then there's that Swedish rotten fish stuff...
Xtreme cuisine.
AndrewF