Re: [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus and FS 50-250

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Canadian New to Olympus and FS 50-250
From: "Rolf Lockwood" <rolftruck@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:38:32 -0500

Chris Barker wrote on 1/1/2004, 3:08 AM:

 > > Well, welcome to both of you.
 > >
 > > You will both have seen that, numerically, North Americans dominate
the List, but be assured that there is a sizeable and voluble
(sometimes anyway) international community.  Every now and then we get
together in the UK as well as other places and only in August Bill
Barber visited London and a group of the Brits went to meet him there.

 > > The only snag with your being on A*L is that you will almost invariably
 > > post in rich text format or html; this bulks out the Digest form and
 > > rather wastes bandwidth anyway.  On my email client (Mail on a Mac)
 > > your post looks impossibly small (so does Bill Barber's and, I think,
 > > George's sometimes).  So _I_ should prefer you to post in plain text,
 > > but it is only for my convenience... ;-)
 > >
 > > Well done with your latest acquisition; however, you should be aware
 > > that this is a List of Enablers.  Our job is to increase the size of
 > > your "collection" of Zuikos and OMs as quickly as possible.  I should
 > > like to start the ball rolling by offering to either you or Gordon my
 > > lovely 50-250/5.

Thanks for the welcome, Chris, and for the lens offer. Glad you take
your Zuikokolism Enabler role seriously. I'll have to decline, but if
you've got a 100 2.8...

As to the U.K., I was actually born there some 56 years back, in
Banbury, but my folks dragged me out to the colonies a year later. Lived
there for a bit after university in the early 1970s and married a
Londoner. I get back there every year or so and would love to hook up
with you for a pint of something next time I cross the pond -- with OM1
in hand.

And regards AOL, thanks for the advice (ditto to all the others who have
chimed in). I think this one's resolved now, by way of AOL Communicator.
On this screen I actually have to 'click the T', it says, to compose in
Rich Text, Plain Text being the default. I'll also try AOL 9.0 when I
next see a freebie CD in Burger King or some such place.

Happy New Year to you and all the other good folks on this list!

Rolf in Toronto