Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: "Real World Tests"
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 03:17:26 -0000
Don't know about the LCD, but the backlight's gone on mine. Oh, and the
microswitch under the trigger broke, so that's superglued together.
Somehow I've acquired a stack of MD1s, of both sorts. I find them nicer to
use than the MD2, except that I wish they had put the little rubber grip
strip down the side of the motor compartment like they did on the winders
and MD2.
Of course the remote release of the MD2 is much better, and you can attach
the "1 picture a week" Pearlcorder timer to it. Killer feature.
It's a real shame they didn't do some sensible stuff like fixed winding
speeds while they were building the computer for the LCD. The all or nothing
approach makes it fast but crude.

Julian