Re: [OM] Re: Olympus c5050 or c5060???

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Olympus c5050 or c5060???
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:08:00 EST
I know we're only talking short term life when it comes to digital cameras,
but I still will only buy a camera that's powered by AA batteries. What happens
in 5 years from now, when you go to use that camera with the proprietary
battery and something has happened to the battery? It may be near impossible to
buy another down the road. And if you bought an extra one originally, and
didn't
"need" to use it, it may be either lost or dead from non-use by then anyway,
and you're still stuck with an expensive paperweight.

The size is really not an issue, since most cameras have a sizeable grip area
to hide the AAs, and AA technology is advancing on, and today these will last
quite a long time between charges. As with any digicam, turn off that damn
LCD screen and compose optically and you're fine.

George S.