[OM] tripods

Subject: [OM] tripods
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:13:00 +0000
A subject I know very little about. The short question is what type of tripod is best to get? I know the answer will depend on usage, which is probably going to be best described as nothing extreme (I don't have any massive lenses, I'm not six foot seven tall, I don't go wading in salt water marshes ;), etc), but there must be a few basics that are always true. As with anything photo related I'm sure it's all compromises, but one thing I do know is that I don't want anything too big and heavy - that's one of the beauties of the OM system. I just went out with my 2n over my shoulder and hardly knew it was there. I suppose a better question, and one more on topic, is what tripod best matches the design ethos of the OM system?

I've spent a fair bit of time online reading through info on cameras, but don't remember coming across much about tripods on photographic sites. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,
James