[OM] Crappy photos

Subject: [OM] Crappy photos
From: "Daniel Tan" <daniel.tan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 22:53:12 +1000
Hi all.
This is my first post to the list with pictures of mine, so feel free to
have a good laugh at them :-P

Anyhow, can somebody give me a few hints here. I recently attended a
computer gaming LAN and managed to get myself branded as official
photographer. Unfortunately, all of the photos I took with my OM ended
up like this
http://members.iinet.net.au/~grim01/Dt/set02pic05.600dpi.jpg
Terrible. Any speculation on the cause of this? I used an OM2S in auto
mode, zuiko 50/1.8, T32, Kodak MAX 400.
To me, it looks like severe underexposure. The T32 was firing properly,
I was getting a proper exposure blink after the shot, most photos were
at f/4 or 5.6. The batteries in the T32 was possibly nearing exhaustion,
however it was still charging properly (albeit slowly) and firing. The
batteries in the OM2S are LR44, however they were fresh.
To get the film developed, I went to a lab I had not used previously.
They quoted me AUD2.50 for developing only. Most labs charge me $5.
Their machine had broken that same day, and was in the process of being
repaired. My roll was probably one of the first, if not the first to go
through after it was repaired. After processing, it was scanned on a HP
flatbed scanner. Unsure of the model. 4XXX probably. I'm not sure of the
settings used to scan (This was done by somebody else).

So does anybody have any remarks on the cause of this?

Regards
Daniel Tan