Re: [OM] Newbie questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie questions
From: Shatcho@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:18:37 EST
<<Thanks for asking a question OM
related.>>

My pleasure :)

Thanks for the info. Can you illuminate a little further? At what point
approx did the changeover occur? Anyone have any old advertising material from
Olympus at the time? Sure, I figure stocks of the old lenses ran out at
different
times, according to the popularity and volume left in stock.

Here's another little something that has been bugging me for a while: OM
cases, specifically for 1,2,3,4. What color are they 'supposed to be'. I was
led
to believe that a '1.2.3.4' case should not be used with OM2SP, 3, and 4, since
the case material was relatively inflexible and often led to premature
battery drain as the case might push on the shutter release......or is this
complete
bollocks?

Kind regards from sunny Brighton

Peter