Re: [OM] Batteries for OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries for OM-2
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:13:41 -0500
LR44, A76 etc. are alkaline 1.5V.  Not recommended for use in the 2/2N. They
cause meter position errors and lockup.  Use silver oxide only (357, MS76,
S76, KS76,
SR44, SR44W, G13)  New 2N eventually came with a
warning printed on bright pink paper.  It was the first thing you saw when
you opened the 2N box.  In essence, the paper said "Use silver oxide
batteries only, NO alkaline, NO lithium (CR1/3N)."
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks