Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike Moore, etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Political parties (was Mike Moore, etc.)
From: "GeoW" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:40:27 -0500
Not all Americans wonder why the rest of the world is on our case despite the
fact
that the international media spews this unoriginal drivel on a daily basis.
No, we
know why the rest of the world is on our case.  We also know why we have to
spend
our own hard earned tax money and sacrifice the lives of our young people
bailing
out the sniveling weaklings of the world, who whine and cry their "crocodile
tears" of
peace UNTIL they are in harm's way.

No, we are held up to a different standard UNTIL we are needed - then we are
strong, wonderful, can do no wrong, and are your best friends for whom you
stand
by the road waving Old Glory while we march by.

The hearts of the American people are huge.  People like jon "ligaf" arklay
talk a
good game, but when "the going gets tough" they are gone - not us, we are in
there
to help anyone, anywhere - with food, clothing, shelter, our money, and our
might, if
called for.

jon, get off of the case of what your ill informed idea of a
"republican/American" is -
we are the same people who bailed out Europe in WWI and WWII, and maintained
your borders when you could not do so for yourselves during the Cold War.  We
are
the same people who have thousands of war-dead in unmarked graves throughout
the world to protect those who could not protect themselves.

The sacrifices the Americans have made on behalf of others, who are complete
strangers to us, of whom we became aware only because they were in need, can
never be repaid - we know it and we rarely expect repayment, but we will always
be
there to help others, if needed.

And jon, that is the "American Way" - corny it may be, but we
"republican/Americans" are like that.

GeoW