[OM] A holiday present to all - An on topic post - Create what is next?

Subject: [OM] A holiday present to all - An on topic post - Create what is next?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 18:49:09 EST
As the year nears its end, this is a good time to reflect on 2003 and look
forward to 2004.  I find myself reviewing how I've grown this year, what has
been accomplished and to what degree the joy in my life has been impacted by
that
which I created this year.  Each of us create our own reality with our
thoughts, words, beliefs, decisions and actions.  Yes, each of us is dealt a
different hand, however the outcome of the game has more to do with how we play
our
cards than what cards we are dealt.

Life is good.  That is the way it is intended to be.  Abundance and
prosperity permeate every area of my life.  That is a choice that has been made
in the
past and one that will continue into the future.  Thanksgiving and gratitude
are important aspects of my life.

You may be asking yourself what the OM content is in all this.  As I look to
2004 and beyond, one of the areas of my life that is important to me, is my
photography.  Experience has shown me that those areas in which I have goals
are
the ones which will also have positive results.  Some on the list will
remember my posting my goals in photography for 2003 to this list.  Include
among
them was a goal to move from the B category to the A category in my local
photography club.  This required placing at least 5 prints in first, second or
third
place in our monthly competitions.  I completed the year with 9 prints which
placed and that will be included in the year end juried show.  This show will
be exhibited during the month of January at the Main Houston Public Library.
In the grand scheme of things, this all doesn't mean a great deal, however it
certainly would not have occurred, had the goal not been there.

As I create goals for myself this year, I invite each person on the list to
join me in looking at where they are with their photography and where they want
to be this time next year.  You may also want to look beyond that and see
where you want to be in 5 or 10 years.  If you decide to set a goal for
yourself,
in any or many areas of your life, there are two magic ingredients which will
facilitate your accomplishing them.  Write them down, where you can see them
on a regular basis and go public with them.  It doesn't have to be posting
them to the list (and it can be).  Tell someone you care about and who will
hold
you accountable what your goal is for the year.  Yes, this is like sharing
your dreams with another and it won't kill you. If you are new to goal setting
(or even if you are not), have your goals be specific rather that general, have
them be measurable and attainable.  An example might be, "I will have one of
my images accepted for publication in a national publication by December 31,
2004" or "I will enter at least one image in a national magazine competition
each month this year".

I wish for each of you a wonderful holiday season and a fabulous new year.
Have 2004 be a magical year for you.  It is after all, a choice.  Bill Barber