Re: [OM] jammed OM-4t wont wind on. Any ideas what to look for/

Subject: Re: [OM] jammed OM-4t wont wind on. Any ideas what to look for/
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:02:57 -0600
Tell Beverly this:
There are several possibilities.  First, be sure the camera isn't simply at
the end
of a roll of film.  If there's film in the camera, rewind and remove it and
check
again.  Every month or so a customer comes in complaining that his camera
is jammed, only to discover the camera was at the end of the roll -- this can
be
very embarassing!

Next, the OM-4t is designed to "lock up" if the
batteries are dead, or if there is a malfunction.  That is to keep you from
using
the camera when it could not possibly give you a good photo!  If the camera is

"locked up", you should be able to reset it mechanically by setting the
shutter
speed dial to the red speeds.  The camera should wind and fire when set on
either of the red speeds.  If it does, the next step is to check the batteries
--
if the battery check doesn't light up, replace them with two good, fresh,
silver

If the camera does not wind and fire when set on the red speeds (without
film),
it will need the attention of a qualified repair technician -- there's
unlikely to be
anything a casual shooter can do to correct the problem.