Re: [OM] jammed OM-4t wont wind on. Any ideas what to look for/

Subject: Re: [OM] jammed OM-4t wont wind on. Any ideas what to look for/
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 21:46:48 -0800
Absolute first thing to check is the batteries. People are forever putting alkaline or lithium batteries in these cameras. After some use, they show good with battery check, but can't deliver the current to operate the shutter. Under the load of the shutter magnets, their voltage drops too far and the camera locks up with the mirror up. This is not a camera failure, but an intentional indication that the batteries need changing. Without more info on the state of mirror, shutter, etc., it's hard to make any other suggestions. Does setting it to the red 1/60 down past 1 sec work? This is entirely separate and mechanical and will operate even without batteries.

Moose

Bolty wrote:

I had a message from this lady... can anyone help her
Adam, Can you tell me about the Olympus OM-4T. Somehow my shutter is
jammed. I cannot us the forward advance lever to load new film into the
camera. How and why did this phenomena occur? This is a new used camera to
me. My Old Cannon never did this. Thanks, Beverly