Re: [OM] Digi adventures

Subject: Re: [OM] Digi adventures
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:39:32 -0500
Sometimes it feels like it is getting so close to right, but not quite
doesn't it? If we could only take a little here and put it there.

I briefly handled the E1 the other day. I may be going back in when
the oly rep is there - Calumet in Cambridge. Unfortunately they
did not have the 10D, which I would like to see. I was concerned
the small viewfinder of the E1 would limit ability to manually focus.
It did not appear that it would, however, but I think another 1.5x more
viewfinder magnification would have nailed it. If you are used
to a rangefinder, then the E1 viewfinder is fine, but ... I have yet to
acquire that level of vision. I like feeling closer to my subject.

Also, I could not find a way to switch seamlessly from auto-focus
to manual focus without flipping a switch.

Does the 10D grip also give you problems?

Wayne