Re: [OM] Digi adventures

Subject: Re: [OM] Digi adventures
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:39:14 EST
In a message dated 12/7/2003 6:54:27 PM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Saturday was spent gazing at the latest and greatest in
digital DSLRs
What follows is with the caveat, it doesn't matter what the equipment is, it
is rather the person behind the lens that makes the image and make the
difference.  I know that you know that.

A friend of mine uses the D60 and there is no one on this list who would not
want to claim her images as their own.  She is relatively new to photography
and produces some absolutely stunning images.  She will have a number of them
in our year end show for the Houston Photographic Society and it would not
surprise me if she won the year end competition.  I also will have a number of
nice images in the exhibit/competition and mine are just that . . . nice.  Hers
are stunning and technically every bit as good as film can produce IMHO.  These
will probably get posted to the web site and I'll direct you there early next
year.

There is a professional commercial photographer who spoke to our club 2 or 3
months ago who has gone 95 0igital.  His weapon of choice, the Fuji S2.
Beautiful images and earns his livelihood with it everyday.

The E-1 has a nice feel to it. I think lighter than an OM with winder and
short zoom. Might not be, but felt as if it was lighter.  I have big hands and
it
felt great to me.  Will it be my choice? Probably, but as an E-2 version.

Bill Barber