Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT OT Mike Moore OT OT
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:19:18 -0700
Only law-abiding citizens obey the gun laws. This has the effect of
disarming the good folks but not the criminals. When the professional
criminals know their victims will not be armed they become more brazen.
There is considerable data to support that. All data on this issue is
suspect though because both sides manipulate the hell out of it. In the US,
much of the crime is drug-related so the assumption that criminals use any
logical rational is often false. I can't believe these guys that risk 15
years in jail to steal $50 from a convenience store. /jim