Re: [OM] Re: E-1 impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: E-1 impressions
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:47:14 -0500
Hey guys, all of you lighten up.  Stephen, Dan, and B.D. are all upstanding
guys.  Everyone is entitled to his opinion, it's just that some opinions are
formed using more information than others.

B.D. is using the E-1 day-in, day-out for his work, and he loves it.  That guy
over on dpreview (Markey Boy) is also using the camera in his buiness and is
expressing similar, glowing reviews.  These guys are hammering these cameras in
daily use that many of us would never do.  I, for one, don't have the time to
take thousands of frames to form an opinion, as BD has; so I have to rely upon
guys such as this to express their honest opinions as inputs to how I form mine.

Many of us have different priorities for why we want to buy into a camera
system:

- Future lens and accessory possibilities
- Fast operation
- Low noise
- High pixel count
- Durability
- Price
- Kit size
- Weight/size
- Workflow efficiency
- Handling
..etc...etc.

As you weight these different issues (and others) for a DSLR, you may come to a
different conclusion than BD did and buy a 10D, 1D, D100, S2, Sigma.....etc.
You may also stick with an OM, or a Leica M, or a Nikon FM2, or a Rolleiflex.
These choices are all personal and based upon your priorities.

I enjoy the bantor, but don't let this get personal and piss people off.

Geeez....it's only a camera!

Skip