[OM] Digital at last [OT}

Subject: [OM] Digital at last [OT}
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:30:33 +0000
I have succumbed and started with digital photography. It was a toss-up between the Camedia 5050 and the C*non Powershot G5; I had looked at the Fuj* Finepix S7000 for its extra pixels and zoom, but the viewfinder was a low resolution LCD contraption which could not follow a simple panning movement (you were right Skip). I plumped eventually for the C*non after Amateur Photographer carried out 2 separate reviews and gave the G5 more points.

It has a pretty small viewfinder (83%), but it is solid enough and has a decent zoom range (35-140) without any adaptors. As I expected, learning to use a digital camera like this is like learning a new computer OS and it is not a particularly fun experience. Although I am selling a C*ntax G1 and 35 Planar to finance the purchase, I shall keep 2 OM bodies and several lenses as well as a couple of other film cameras. The OMs will keep me happy with quality photographs and will provide for the extremes of focal length that I need sometimes - as well as macro.

Chris

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.