Re: [OM] E1 sensor

Subject: Re: [OM] E1 sensor
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:09:53 +0800
I think it is a simple turth that one need good quality pixel, just like we
are talking about good lens, a lens only with good resolution may not be a
good lens. As seen from dpreview, the Foveon 3MP has resolution very close
to other 6MP SLR DCs, so a 15MP Foveon could be equal to 10MP, it is of
course very good and I will be very happy too.

I don't think people are happy with 6MP and this is not the threshold. The
threshold is the price, if the price of 12MP DC dropped to $1500, I will go
for a 12MP. It is the price limiting the people to get higher pixel count DC
not how many MP. Of course the technology is limiting a low cost 12MP DC at
this moment but I don't think 3 years later I'm still using my 6MP DC.

C.H.Ling