Re: [OM] Olympus E1 - Some impressions and questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E1 - Some impressions and questions
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:33:10 +1100
This week, I took a look at an E1 in a dealer's shop. They had the E1, 14-48mm and 50-200mm on display. I have a few comments and questions -

Anything else

Try as I might, I could not get the back open.

Michael Bloor

Neither could I! However, I was informed that the manual focussing ring can be set to operate in either direction. This was offered when I noticed that the indicator ring on the standard lens was turning in the opposite direction to the manual ring. Is this true? - damn clever choice if it is! Couldn't check as no-one there had the nous to work out how - the rep had left the basic kit with them for a couple of days. The manual focus feels nice - light but well damped. The salespersons comment - it feels nice but... They aren't really into Oly - mostly Canon bigots. But then, the rep hasn't taken his clothes off yet.
AndrewF