Re: [OM] Re: [OT] pills, was Olympus America and feedback

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] pills, was Olympus America and feedback
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:47:43 -0800

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 07:21 PM, Jim Brokaw wrote:

It will be very interesting to see if, when the politicians eventually
settle on a "Medicare prescription drug benefit plan", the drug companies
are able to head off any kind of controls or limits on their pricing or
profits for the covered drugs... If not, then all we taxpayers will be
paying for the profits of the drug companies.

I understand that the legislation has a "poison pill" in it that is intended to move the majority of recipients off Medicare under the guise of "choice".

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA