Re: [OM] new to darkroom

Subject: Re: [OM] new to darkroom
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:19:46 -0500
I use a Brita filter for water I'm making up solutions with. It has a cation
exchange resin only, so non-volatile salts are converted to low-molarity
acids, which are completely drowned out by the acids or bases in the
ingredients. If I had a *lot* of sulphate I might worry about my final rinse
with wetting agent, but we don't. You could use demin/distilled if so.

Some carbon sometimes comes out of the filter, but it's in chunks which I
leave out. There could conceivably be carbon dust too, but I've never found
any on the negs, so that seems to be a non-problem.

Seems to work fine and could hardly be easier - same filter as for drinking
water.

Andrew