Re: [OM] pics of fall colors

Subject: Re: [OM] pics of fall colors
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:36:37 +0000
Thanks for sharing your photos Wayne. You have gone out and taken photos of the colours of Autumn whereas I have been too busy but to look - and we have had some gorgeous colours in England and Wales this Autumn (I have not been to Scotland or Ireland this Autumn).

At first the colours looked all too washed out, so I have changed the Gamma on my monitor to 2.2 and the colour temperature to 6500K to apprecuate them better.

The colours of the leaves are lovely and I like the leaves on bark. However, the pretty tree has a wire fence at its foot which detracts from the overall effect. Likewise, the skeletal trees reflected in the lake are not interesting for me - reminds me of flying over Canada where the burnt out trees would reach above the general canopy and threaten low flying aircraft ;-)

Your 2 sunset shots are nicely done, especially the one with the sun. You make me wish that I had stopped to capture the 2 beautiful sunsets that I have merely driven by, as it were...

Thanks

Chris