Re: [OM] My New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] My New E-1
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:59:43 -0800

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 08:44 AM, Mark Z. wrote:

Thanks to all for your helpful advice. Although I have been using a camera
for several years, I have not really grasped the power of a good camera
(pure laziness on my part).

I have used the E-10 (which I listed on eBay, perhaps too soon) for over a
year and have learned how to get exceptional results from it. I thought the
E-1 would give me the same or better results without any work from me.

It is quite possible I am not quite ready to move up to the E-1.

The E-1 does seem to be a fantastic camera, I'm impressed with it so far

I think that you almost have to double the megapixels to get a dramatic difference in resolution. The differences are going to be subtle between 4 and 5 MP until you get into higher ISOs and lower light. Then the E-1 should be dramatically better because of it much larger sensor. Its more expensive and specialized lenses are going to make a difference but the E-10 lens is pretty good to start with, right? What you have paid for is a solid, professionally built camera that will enhance your ability to make the pictures. Remember, even though you could buy an OM4Ti for film, you could always get similar image quality out of an OM-10. Be happy and use your new camera to take pictures, not test shots.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA