[OM] OT Concorde

Subject: [OM] OT Concorde
From: "Rich" <deepkeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 22:45:14 -0800
Sorry if this has been mentioned, as I've been skipping digests... but, if
it hasn't...

The Boeing Museum of Flight (Seattle) just acquired a Concorde.  Arrived in
perfect sunny weather Thursday with about 50 heartbroken British Airways
crew/employees onboard.  Might still be sitting outside on the tarmac,
dunno, haven't driven by.  But I think they planned to get it inside ASAP.

The pilot remarked that he has 3 females of significance in his life: his
wife, his daughter, and the Concorde - only one of which he can control...

First tour/viewing will be to museum members, but will open eventually
(soon, I would imagine) to the public.  Apparently, someone stuck a hat in
the expansion gap behind the cockpit at supersonic speed one time.  Hat got
stuck there as the aircraft slowed and cooled off, shrinking up the gap.
It's still there.

They DO have money, that museum!  Even as Boeing jobs dissappear, the museum
just keeps expanding & purchasing aircraft.  A air-worthy Concorde has to
have been one of the more expensive to pick up.

Rich

(It's painfully LOUD, isn't it Jim?  Once was enough.)