Re: [OM] C5050

Subject: Re: [OM] C5050
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:07:52 +1100
> I wrote:
> My completely uneducated guess is it will be replaced with
> a rumoured, less-spec'd version of the E1 (ie. as the
> C*n*n 300D is to the 10D is to the 1DS?)),...

Well, there you go, someone has already pointed out to me
the c5060 (hey, you should be claiming credit on the list <g>).

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0309/03092902olympusc5060.asp

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1065069232.html

(nice that it's wider, shame that its lens is slower, though
these are probably at cross-purposes, yes? Glad they got more
"flip" available on the LCD screen. Shame about replacing the
AA's...and nobody really wants my opinion on an Oly' P&S
digital camera, do they? <g>)

My next digital will be a "system" camera, anyway.

OM relevance - none, though apropos the "light leak" thread,
my OM1 has the occasional one though its seals are replaced,
and I wonder at that uncovered hole in the bottom. Might just
black-tape it to be sure.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz