Re: [OM] Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanners
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:44:30 -0700
From the examples I've seen, no flatbed yet is up to quality 16x20 from 35mm. I think a 2700dpi dedicated film scanner will do a pretty good job. 4000dpi is better but also more expensive. I've got the printer, but never popped for paper that big. Some day soon..........

Moose

Wayne Harridge wrote:

My use of the scanned images would be:
Web gallery Prints up to 16x20

I have an Epson 2450 (now superseded by 3200, probably to be superseded
by 4800 soon) which would work ok for medium format and 4x5 for big
prints, however for 35mm it is only really good for web use.  These
scanners get good reviews and seem good value for money.  I also have an
old Microtek ScanMaker 35t+ (1950dpi) which produces sharper looking
scans of 35mm than the Epson (2400dpi), I believe the CCD in the Epson
has the 2400dpi res but I don't think the optical path has.