Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:42:12 -1000
I got a Tapa print (pounded from the bark of a tree) for $10 and its 43
years old and is really worth $400+ !
XDan

My biggest, baddest bargain on ebay was the tonearm for my record
player.  It's called a Rega RB600 when you buy it in the store for
$700.

The seller had bought a complete Rega turntable, took the finger-lift
off the arm, then removed the arm and stored it.  The ad
didn't have a picture and he had about 9 auctions under his belt, all +.
Many people were put off and didn't bid.  I exchanged two
emails with the guy and got a comfort level.  He put the arm on a flat
bed scanner then sent me the scan via email.  He had an RB600
alright.  Previously, auctions for this arm ended up between $400 and
$500.

Anyway, I sniped in the minimum bid of $300 in the final seconds but the
best part was yet to come.  I took the 20 year-old arm
(RB200) off the table, made pictures, wrote some mouth-watering copy,
and collected $122 for it (plus shipping).

So, I paid about $178, out of pocket, for a $700 tonearm that is 3
generations newer than my "trade-in".

Can you top this?  :)

Lama