Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:21:01 +0200
For $8.79 it would be a fantastic bargain (for a Mju II 35/2.8 with date)
if it works (it was sold 'as-is', and mentioned 'broken condition'). Even
if it does not work, you have a camera case! If it is like my iZoom APS
camera, it works OK if you wiggle the pop-up flash.

Roger Key

Brian wrote:

Hi Folks,

It's so easy to get ripped off on the bay.

A little while ago I bid on a little gold Olympus Epic Stylus item
#2955767631

The vendor didn't know if it worked though she said it made all the right
noises. She hadn't tested it as she didn't want to spend the price of a
roll of
film and get it processed. The photos for the auction don't show the bad
scratches on the top.

The camera arrived in my letter-box this morning. I bought a battery for it
-
cost as much as the camera, and a roll of sale ASA 100 film for a quarter
of
that.

I've never had an automatic camera before, but it seems to make all the
noises one might expect from a camera that focuses, exposes, and winds
on. The date etc functions also seems to work.

It is too soon to tell if the auto-focus works properly, and there's no way
tell the speed or aperture as far as eye can see.

I wonder if I've been ripped off?               (;-)

Brian