Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:35:37 +1000
> Chuck Norcutt [mailto:chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I don't think there's any way that you could be called ripped
> off.  The warnings are clearly there.

I think Brian was being a bit facetious when he said "ripped
off". I suspect he was just joking that if the camera was
broken, he had lost very little (thus the presentation of
psuedo-outrage), but if it wasn't he had scored a damn good
deal (perhaps even a fang?). Droll, Brian, very droll ;-)

Hope it works, Brian. There is almost no control, but it is
a damn fine camera to whip out, flick open and shoot, all
with one hand and in seconds ("sharp shooter" is appropriate
terminology - it can feel like a "showdown" camera). For me
it is especially good as a social camera (friend and family),
being unobtrusive, quick, and the flash seems to give pretty
consistent (consistently "good" to my eye) results (and you
can turn it off...which I prefer if I can. I've never liked
flash much, except as subtle fill).

It's in the glovebox now.

Cheers
Marc