Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 review

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1 review
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:05:42 -0400
Over on DPReview, which has been fighting over E-1 vs 10D vs 300D (digital
rebel) ad nauseum,  someone posted a 300D shot and a link to more.  I didn't
say anything, but I thought they were not good wrt colour saturation,
sharpnening, etc.  Looked very over-sharpened, over saturated to me.  If you
want an etched look, they were great.  It could be the photographer
(considering he LIKED the results), could be camera, could be settings, could
be lighting/subject... who knows.  But I haven't seen such garish results out
of the E-1.  E-1 stuff looks like Zuiko shots.  Wait a minute... they are!

Off to a barrel tasting at Hillebrand Estates... eat, er drink your hearts out,
mates.

Earl