Re: [OM] using the self timer on the OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] using the self timer on the OM4T
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:51:59 EDT
Cc: 13874@xxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 10/17/2003 12:39:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
13874@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

"With my OM4T recently returned from a CLA by the Olympus agents in Ontario I
have now discovered any blip. When shooting the fall colours on slide film my
hand held exposures are virtually perfect. When relying on a tripod and the
self timer, my exposures are uniformly too light by about 3/4 of a stop
regardless of shutter speed and aperture chosen. The only variable to explain
this
looks to be the use of the self timer."

I'm guessing you might need something adjusted. When I bought my OM-4 it had
a similar problem - the shutter speeds with the self timer were not only off,
it was actually openeing the shutter at the start of the timer countdown, and
keeping it open for the full 12 seconds. The camera came back with a Ti
circuit installed. I guess the moral of the story is there seems to be some
connection between the self timer and the shutter beyond just activating the
release.

Paul Schings