Re: [OM] Payments to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payments to Australia
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:32:10 +1000
Never heard of it - and as Economy Air (SAL) is about two-thirds of regular airmail, it sounds unlikely. I don't usually use Economy Air as it just isn't worth the saving to suffer the delay. As I understand it, it is surface airlifted, which means that they just fly it over the wet bits.
AndrewF

I've received packages from Australia, and they have what they call "Standby
Air" (I think) which is about half the cost of the "full-priority air". If I
understand it right, the standby packages get sent out on the next
not-quite-full-up plane, instead of the next available aircraft. No delivery
guarantee, but I remember being surprised that it only took about 10 days to
get here. You might ask for that method, and see if the cost is lower.
--

Jim Brokaw