Re: [OM] OT photo ops

Subject: Re: [OM] OT photo ops
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:11:28 +0100
Jon, continued operation of the aircraft requires more than just ownership -
it needs the assistance of the manufacturers for technical/engineering
support.  At the very least, that means spare parts availability.  In
reality, I suspect it means a much greater range of resources to underpin
the airworthiness of Concorde. It is my understanding that BAE Systems
and/or Airbus were unwilling to commit scarce technical resources to a
flying museum piece (overstated for effect).  So BA could deliver on its
undertaking to sell the aircraft, but that would not alter the commercial
decision by its manufacturers to cease technical support, and effectively
cause withdrawal of its certificate of airworthiness.

I always liked flying in the Vickers Viscount - a much better view than from
Concorde!

Piers