Re: [OM] vacation with Fernando [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] vacation with Fernando [OT]
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:57:03 -0700

> ...Maybe their beaches are not so important for someone living in Hawaii....

And Hawaii beaches are surely not as polluted. I picked up an ear
infection swimming at Copacabana, guess I was lucky not to be robbed as
well, and tar globs were a hazard while walking on most Brazilian
beaches. I hope the situation has improved in the intervening years.
Fernando, I'll take Uruguayan beaches any day even though the water is
not as clear (river mouth) nor as warm.  Unfortunately most of my photos
from Brazil are lost. By the way, some of the most interesting
architecture in Rio is up in the favelas.

Mike