Re: [OM] vacation with Fernando [OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] vacation with Fernando [OT]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:34:32 -0300
on 13/10/2003 16:07, Bill Pearce at bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The people were friendly and gracious, and it is an
> interesting country. I would like to go again.
From a tourist point of view (quoting Duke Ellington, 1966) it's a GREAT
country, especially if you hire a SUV and go south, you'll know what is the
Patagonia and the Río Negro. You might reach Tierra del Fuego, I never did.
There are incredible mountain resorts like Bariloche, Las Leñas, San Martín
de los Andes. You'll see the Aconcagua. You can cross la Cordillera into
Chile, I did that when I was 15. Mendoza a little to the North, where they
used to produce some cheap wine. Then you have the North, the big one, with
the Cataratas del Iguazú... be prepared for that. There in the North you can
fall into Bolivia, Paraguay or Brazil. Hide your OMs there.
Buenos Aires is not what it used to be before 99, I was there last year for
a weekend, but still preserves its glamour. Go before it's too late. Why did
everyone there told me they wish they lived in Uruguay? Why do porteños take
their sailboats (the ones who have sailboats, obviously) and come to Colonia
del Sacramento every weekend?
I can't understand, maybe the beaches; maybe they still remember this
territory could have been theirs. Maybe the wines !!!!

:-)

Fernando.