Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs. conventional lenses
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:51:03 -0300
on 13/10/2003 02:06, Jim Brokaw at jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In order to include the various 'outside the image' information
> this magnification -with normal lens- was reduced for the OM-2S, OM-3 and
> OM-4 and subsequent models. Most of the AF Wunderbrick SLR's have also done
> this... many new ones use a magnification of .70x or obout that range.

Well let me be a little skeptical about this. It doesn't quite follow normal
visual physiology. This hypothesis supposes that you can switch normal
vision (which needs both eyes!) from the eye looking 'outside the image'
while the eye 'inside' is open and functioning. It would take me a long
explanation, but for normal vision you need both hemiretina of each eye
functioning at the same time with the most similar input. Info getting into
one eye should be as similar as possible in size and bright and contrast to
the other. Take a look at any drawing representing the optical nerve and the
*quiasma óptico* (sorry translation !!). Also its relationship to the IV
nerve (motor ocular común).

Sorry being so brief in my explanation, but my English falls short and my
time too :-)

Rgds

Fernando

PS yes I recently looked into an AF wunderbrick viewfinder. Strange world
inside....