Re: [OM] 1-8 Astrophoto screen and focusing.

Subject: Re: [OM] 1-8 Astrophoto screen and focusing.
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:41:04 -0400
The 1-8 would be just about my last choice for a general-purpose
screen.  It's not at all good with wide angle lenses, being almost
as bad as the 1-7, which I often use with long lenses, but with
which, the shorter the focal length, the more the vignetting, so
that when using, for example, the 21/2, it's like looking through
a knothole in a fence.

If you look on the back of any of the Olympus screen cases, you'll
see that, besides astrophotography, the 1-8 is recommended only
for the 300, 400, 600 and 1000mm lenses.

Walt
 "Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time
 and to its government when it deserves it."  -- Mark Twain