Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs conventional lenses - fact or hype?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 lenses resolution vs conventional lenses - fact or hype?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:57:17 -0700
From within the world of Olympus couldn't they easily see this as a big
push to modernize their lenses?
Perhaps they truly see it as the start of a revolution ...

The OMs could be considered weak on zooms compared to their primes. The
digitals are starting off with a heavy emphasis on zooms. Having
emphasized PnS in their recent history, they probably hope to end up
with a successful professional caliber system that will appeal to high
end amateurs ... a system that is different from what currently exists.

Whether its hype or becomes reality probably depends on the marketplace.

-jeff