Re: [OM] old film, chromogenic film

Subject: Re: [OM] old film, chromogenic film
From: "Jamie Costello" <jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:07:36 -0400
As usual, Schnozz, your tips are really appreciated.  My limited experience
with printing from C-41 negatives came from printing some Kodak Portra B&W
that I shot last winter. Maybe I don't understand the stuff, but I wasn't
impressed.  I couldn't get the contrast right on Ilford Multigrade IV.

Like you, I use Ilford now almost exclusively and the Delta line is
wonderful.  DD-X is predictable and reliable and a nice (but expensive)
break from using D-76.

I borrowed a Toyo 45CX from school and am going to shoot my first 4x5s on
Delta 100.  Since I'll be developing these in a tray, I guess I'll have to
use D-76.

Your exposure times on printing are really quick, your Omega must really put
out some lumens.

Jamie
Fort Myers, FL