Re: [OM] Hurricane Juan update

Subject: Re: [OM] Hurricane Juan update
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:55:43 -0300
Hi Andrew ...... I was in Halifax last Wednesday and got a fabulous shot of
the white statue of the lady in the public gardens with a very patient
seagull sitting on her head ......... an 85/2 lens was just perfect.

I have two questions ....

what is the name of the lady from antiquity seen in the statue? and

was the statue damaged by the hurricane?

Newspaper reports and tv footage indicate that the public gardens took a
severe pounding and that there was major damage to the trees, the iron
railings round the park and other infrastructure.

Here in south east New Brunswick we were let off easy with heavy grey skies,
an inch of rain over night, stronger than normal winds and choppy seas and
no fallen trees.

John Hudson