Re: [OM] OM to E-1 adapter - a slightly different reply from Tokyo

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to E-1 adapter - a slightly different reply from Tokyo
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:57:58 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/2003 9:45:11 AM Central Standard Time,
Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The GREAT news about all this is that now we know for sure that an OM
adaptor is possible and we will get one from somewhere
It is great news and will likely result in them selling a bunch of E-1
cameras and then the lenses that go with them.  As several others have noted,
there
are a number of very viable choices of other cameras should Olympus decide not
to produce this adapter.  For any who have been around a big company, you
know they are perfectly capable of making real boneheaded decisions.  We will
have to wait and see on this one.

My only concern right now is that as a confirmed Zuikohead/Zuikoholic, I know
I'll need the 300mm f2.8.  What a kick butt lens!  Never wanted or needed any
of the "Big Whites", however this one is a "must have" lens.  Does any other
manufacturer make anything in digital that even approaches this?  I don't
think so.

I'm sure my bride will understand not taking any trips for a couple years to
finance this lens. Wonder if I could take out a second mortgage without her
knowing?  8^)  Bill Barber