Re: [OM] Hurricane Juan

Subject: Re: [OM] Hurricane Juan
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:39:33 +0100
Welcome back Frugal. I am glad that you are able to look at it all positively.

Chris

On Wednesday, Oct 1, 2003, at 02:47 Europe/London, Andrew Dacey wrote:

Well I'm just now starting to get back online after being hit by Hurricane Juan Sunday night/Monday morning. The hurricane made landfall pretty much
right on Halifax and there's been quite a bit of destruction. I had
initially heard that it was a class 1 hurricane (lowest class) but I'm
hearing that this is being re-evaluated and it may have even been a class 3
hurricane (sustained winds of 180km/h). My house still has no power or
telephone (phone line was pulled off the house) and power may not be
restored until Friday (although I've heard different rumours about this).
Fortunately, we still have clean running water (but no hot water). The
community has really pulled together though. I've been pretty fortunate in that I do have a barbeque with a fairly full propane tank. We've been using
that for hot water and cooking and have been sharing that with the
neighbourhood.
snip
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker