Re: [OM] T-32 AC power options - an actual on-topic post

Subject: Re: [OM] T-32 AC power options - an actual on-topic post
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:07:01 -0600
At 04:07 PM 9/27/2003 +0100, Piers Hemy wrote:
I just recently bought an F.AC Adaptor 2 from a list member.  It works just
fine.

I noticed something odd on the label - Input 220v AC Output 220V DC.

I checked with a multimeter, and sure enough the output was 230V (input was
230V).

It seems the AC supply can be less than 330V, which means that for use where
mains voltage is 120V, all you need is a travel adaptor-transformer for use
of 220V equipment on 120V supply, with a bridge rectifier.  Sounds a lot
cheaper than the Quantum cable needed to connect to the T series flash!

Piers:

Sounds like info that should go into the OM Wiki site.  Go for it!

Garth