Re: [OM] OM-40 question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-40 question
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:53:58 -0400
Could be the second curtain is running too fast (or first curtain slow.)  At
high shutter speeds  second curtain could catch up with first and close the
slit.  Most likely this would happen at 1/500 or 1/1000 due to slit already
being very narrow. Could be in cold temps, first curtain slows down, due to
dry shutter shafts. Lubing is required .
Curtain "bounce" cannot be fixed by adjusting speed of curtain.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121  Turnaround 4-5 weeks