Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:20:16 -0700
Thanks, verrry interesting!

At 72dpi on my screen, these images ar the equivalent of about 26x35 inches. The sharpness and detail are excellent. The combination of those factors and beautiful tonality in the head and shoulders shot are really impressive. Several shots show the ability to use DOF much like in 35mm. No info on settings, so the lack of noise doesn't tell us much.

Looks like the availability of the OM adapter may make my decision between the E-1 and a Can*n. Whatever DSLR I eventually buy, I will buy at least one zoom and probably more new lenses over time. I can't see any reason to buy something that will not allow use of specialized lenses and equipment like the macro lenses, bellows, 65-116 and some of the longer teles, at least to start with, if there is another brand that will allow that.

I wonder if Oly has properly considered the OM adapter as a way to get some of us old OMers "into the tent", where we will then buy new lenses, etc.

Moose

Dorothée Rapp wrote:

meanwhile, I found a link to more E1 pics:

http://galleriet.akamera.no/albup76