Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:12:45 -0700
on 9/12/03 5:50 PM, ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx at ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In <002f01c37939$5a74d9d0$3e23fea9@ccasony01>, on 09/12/03
> at 10:22 AM, "bdcolen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>> So if I say I
>> can't detect any shutter lag - which God knows I suffered with with the
>> E-20, I don't. If I say that images shot at 3200 are extremely noisy -
>> they are. ;-)
>
> You say there was shutter lag with the E-20. John H. says there is no
> shutter lag with either the E-10 or E-20.
>
> Who's right? Or are you both right.
>
> What was that I read about metaphysics?
>
> --
> les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

It looks like we have to consider both 'auto-focus' lag and
'shutter-release' lag (I'd call it 'lock time'). I was messing around with
the AF-wunderbricks at Costco tonight, they had three and for once all would
power up and work. C*non EOS Rebel II focused pretty well, snapped in fast.
Min*lta Maxxum 4 was slower, didn't seem to like the lower light level in
some directions panning about the store; the Pent*x ZX-60 (I think) model
seemed to have the fastest and most responsive AF. I don't think any of them
were smaller than an OM, although all were quite a bit lighter. I wouldn't
want to drop any of those plastic bodys on a hardwood floor...

Once the focus 'locks' the shutter release time seemed fast for all of them,
I suppose it delays only for exposure computation, at electronic speeds.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...